Tuesday, February 8, 2011

It has been a while...

So I'm back and with a bit of persuading from a fellow runner/blogger I may try to re start this whole thing again.  I am almost 9 months past my ankle surgery and well on the way to running again.  I have been told by many doctors along the way that I will never run again, and told them to all pound sand, I am running...

I transitioned into barefoot running back in November/December and now do about 1/3 of my mileage barefoot, 1/3 with my Vibrams and the rest in sneakers.  The transition into running totally barefoot has allowed me to correct my form, get some real feedback from my feet and shown me that the things that others say are crazy, really is just an opinion!

So I guess I will try to make this a weekly thing again and maybe add some mid week updates as I progress.  I have a few races coming up and will be running at least one of them in my Vibrams and maybe both of them.  The first in New Orleans on the 13th of February for the Mardi Gras 1/2 marathon and then the very next week I am running the Austin 1/2 marathon as well.

Goodbye for now, hope to write mare this weekend upon my return from New Orleans.
-Buzz

No comments:

Post a Comment